RCD GitLab Documentation
Clemson Research Computing and Data maintains a GitLab instance at git.rcd.clemson.edu.
All users with Palmetto access can use GitLab.
GitLab Use Cases and Features
- Code Storage
- Track changes to your code and workflows with your lab and other researchers
- Use the wiki feature ot document your software, workflow, or other important lab information.
- Quickly onboard new team members with a central knowledge base.
- Container Registry
- Store your Docker or Singularity images
- CI/CD (Coming Soon)
- Build your software or container in a reproducible environment and store in the GitLab Package/Container registry.
Learn more about the features of GitLab from their documentation.
New to Git?
GitLab provides a cheat sheet of the command commands here.
The RCDE team will offer a number of workshops on using GitLab for version control and CI/CD. Check out our training schedule for upcoming workshops.